146 Metlars Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854 | T: (732) 562-1990 | F: (732) 562-1399 | email@example.com
The Office of Evangelization offers Home Visitation Training to parishes interested in reaching out to inactive members and non-Catholics. The training consists of a teaching segment as well as a practicum.
Home Visitation can be a powerful means of evangelization when it is properly done and when a well planned follow-up strategy is in place. Ideally every parish should develop some form of home visitation as part of its overall evangelization efforts.
The statistics in the state of New Jersey indicate that between 42% - 45% of the population is Catholic but only 20% practice the Faith.
With roughly 8,500,000 people in the state that is a lot of Catholics! If each parish simply targeted the non-practicing members first there would be more than sufficient work to keep them busy for a long time before they broadened their outreach to the non-Catholics!
Jesus started His ministry by going after the lost sheep of the house of Israel, that is, his own people. We can follow His example today by taking on the heart of the Good Shepherd and going after our lost Catholics as well.
1. Presents the Catholic understanding of evangelization:
2. Explains the central message of evangelization → salvation:
3. Teaches the process/stages of evangelization:
4. Teaches evangelization skills:
5. Introduces participants to useful resources, tools and techniques:
6. Helps people strategize their outreach and follow-up:
7. Accompanies participants on home visits:
146 Metlars Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08854
Get Directions »
T: (732) 562-1990
F: (732) 562-1399