146 Metlars Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854 | T: (732) 562-1990 | F: (732) 562-1399 | email@example.com
The future of the world and the very existence of faith are in the hands of today's children. Among the world's children are future popes, bishops, priests and religious, future lay leaders and missionary catechists. The MCA is the Pontifical Mission Society that cultivates "children helping children" through programs which help children around the globe to see, know and love Jesus - and one another. After learning about the great needs of the world’s poorest children, young people are invited to pray and to offer financial help so that children in the Missions today may know Christ and experience His love and care.
• October – Missions Month
• October 1, 2017 – Feast Day of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of all Missionaries and the Missions
• October 22, 2017 – World Mission Sunday
• November 1, 2017 – All Saints Day
• December 3, 2017 – First Sunday of Advent
• December 3, 2017 – Feast Day of St. Francis Xavier, Patron of all foreign missions
• December 25, 2017 – Christmas
• MCA Diocesan Policy: The policy of every Bishop of Metuchen that the Holy Childhood Association is the mandated program by which our children in Catholic schools and parish religious education programs support other children in the missions.
• World Mission Rosary: In support of sharing the Good News of Jesus with the world, let us pray together the World Mission Rosary through this audio link. Each decade of the World Mission Rosary calls to mind an area where the Church continues her evangelizing mission.
• Epiphany Prayer Service: As we celebrate Epiphany, we are reminded that we are missionaries through our prayers and sacrifices and through our financial gifts to the Holy Childhood Association.
• Missionary Childhood Association - A Pontifical Mission Society: Link to MCA information, activities and resources.
• Prayer and Penny Week: This program serves as MCA’s Lenten prayer and sacrifice program for Grades K to 8 as well as Grades 9 to12.
• Christmas Artwork Contest: Annual Christmas artwork contest where 24 entries are chosen amongst school children from K to Grade 8 nationwide. The winning artwork are displayed during the Advent / Christmas Season at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C.
For the school year 2016-2017 ninety-one Christmas Artwork entries were received from several schools and Religious Education Programs around the Diocese of Metuchen. Of the 91, twelve finalist were selected and submitted to the National Office. Among the thousands of entries received from elementary students across the United States, the National Office selected two artwork entries from the Diocese of Metuchen.
The faith filled artwork of Cassidy Bollaci and Ohemaa Asare were selected as winners in the 2016-2017 Christmas Artwork Contest of the Missionary Childhood Association. In fact, Cassidy is one of two grand prize winners, and as such, her artwork will be reproduced as a Christmas card for the National Office.
For more information, contact Mila C. Dionisio, Associate Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies,